PRAYERS TO PRAISES

PRAYERS TO PRAISES

HOME

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > God's Mercy Upon The Humble...

ac_23464
Site Owner

Philippians 2: 12 reads, "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."  It is not that God gives us the power and then leaves us to make the use of it.  It is not that both the desire and the purpose come from Him; and then we are left to choose whether or not to be faithful to His plan.  The entire process, from the first sowing of the seed until its fruiting, belongs to God.  Apostle Paul is telling us that the believers' salvation is certain.  But their faith is woth nothing unless it blossoms from a trembling distrust of their own power which is the pre-requisite for a personal reception of God's infinite mercy. 

We don't have the right either to throw away our lives or our souls.  Each came from God as a precious gift.  Just as it is our duty to endeavor to save our lives when in danger of drowning; it is also our duty to endeavor to save our souls when in danger of hell.  And just as it is our duty to look after our health by eating right and exercising; it is also important to feed our souls with God's Word and stretching our faith through His unfailing promises in order to remain undamaged through life's unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances. 

August 21, 2016 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.